Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week three readings

I read week three's course work an came to these conclusions. I read the "Introduction to Linux" and found this work to understandable and easy to follow. There were things in it that I did not know, though I am a self-professed computer idiot. I did not know the meaning or function of a filter. I do not know if this will help me in everyday life but if is ever a question on Jeopardy, I will know it.
I read both Mac OS X articles and found the Wikipedia to be more useful. But since I do not own a Mac, I was utterly confused.
I did, however, understand the "Update on Windows Road map". I have Vista on my computer and was glad to hear that they are making progress to make Vista more compatible with software. I had sever problems with Vista when I got my computer and did not know where everything was as it is set up different.

3 comments:

Lauren Menges said...

Great that you had such an easy time with the readings! I unfortunately did not have the same reading experience, because I lack any formal education when it comes to computer. Did you go to school for computer related work? Or just learn on your own? Hopefully this class will help me out, and not make me even more confused!

NA said...

Hello,
I enjoyed reading your thoughts this week. I felt the same way about many aspects, except I was unfamiliar with a lot of the Vista information, and less confused by the Mac OS X information, since I use a mac. As for the Linux, it was all completely new to me, and I plan to write my blog about why I found it fascinating. I think these articles allow us to understand some of the technical reasoning behind computers: for instance, I now understand what was/is wrong with Vista that had so many people complaining, and what is being done to improve it. Thanks!

Denise said...

Hey,
i felt pretty much the same way. The MAC OS X information was completely over my head. And I, as well, was happy that they're working on Vista. All this tech. computer information was a little overwhelming.